COURSE OBJECTIVES/ LEARNING OUTCOMES:
This course provides an introduction to Network Security Monitoring (NSM), Security Information and Events Management (SIEM), Malware Analysis and Digital Forensics. Major part of the course is hands-on case studies and analysis exercises using real world data.
This intensive hands-on course concentrates on addressing key challenges faced by local organizations in all sectors/industries. We will use a wide range of commercial and open source tools to equip cyber defenders with the necessary skills to anticipate, detect, respond and contain adversaries.
By the end of this training, security professionals will:
- Understand concepts with regard to Network security monitoring and large packet capture and analysis
- Have a thorough understanding of SIEM, building a robust monitoring framework and ensuring successful
- deployment of the SIEM
- Understand various malware analysis and forensics concepts and gain skills/knowledge to analyze malware and conduct thorough forensic investigations
- Get AccelOps SIEM professional certification – Exam required
- Share knowledge and hands on experience on some of the security challenges faced by local organisations – keyloggers, abuse of remote access tools and abuse of malware
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
This hands-on course is suitable for security analysts, network and system/server administrators, technical architects, pre-sales, technical consultants as well as NOC/SOC consultants
This course curriculum is from Serianu and will be taught by a Serianu trainer