The Business Management program is a two year degree program that prepares students for entry-level positions in business enterprises. This degree focuses on accounting, computers, personnel management, marketing and business management.
Of the four semesters of the two year degree, workshops, seminars, and classes will be provided to give students opportunities to develop skills and be prepared for the workplace.
Mauritian students who are accepted between September 2017 and January 2019 for this degree, will be offered a Scholarship MUR 100,000 to be distributed each semester MUR 25,000 for the first two years (conditions will apply – please talk to Admissions for details).
- Complete online application
- Submit photo ID
- Submit secondary school results with one of the following:
- 3 Subjects at A-level and 1 subject at subsidiary level at High School Certificate Examination, or
- 2 Subjects at A-level and 2 subjects at subsidiary level at the High School Certificate Examination, or
- 3 Subjects at A-level at the London General Certificate Examination.
- Submit proof of competence in the English language with one of the following:
- TOEFL internet-based (iBT) exam score of 71 or paper-based exam score of 525
- IELTS score of 6.0 overall band score with a minimum of 5.0 on each sub scale
*For English proficiency: Scores that are more than 2 years old are not accepted.
Student can apply by uploading soft copies of documents, but must provide original hard copies of some document upon acceptance into a degree program.
A deposit fee of 10% of your tuition fee should be paid to secure your seat at The American Campus upon confirmation of an offer.
Pay tuition (or first payment from payment plan) and fees prior to the start of the semester.
- Complete online application
- Submit ID
- Submit O level or A level results
- Submit proof of English language competency:
- Submit English grade from Secondary school – Minimum O Level Grade C
- Oral test at TAC or TAC’s partner
Applicants who have NOT done their secondary school studies in English are required to submit official results on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. The minimum score accepted is 500 on the paper-based test, 173 on the computer-based test, and 61 on the internet-based test. Other English proficiency test results will be considered.
International students must pay tuition and fees for the first semester prior to travelling to Mauritius.
International students must show proof of funding for one year of tuition and 6 months housing and other expenses at the time of application. This is a total of about $9,000 USD.
International students are requested to meet all the Mauritius student visa requirements. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
- BGEN 105 Introduction to Business
- BGEN 235 Business Law I
- CAPP 131 Basic MS Office
- M 108 Business Math
- WRIT 101 College Writing 1
- BMK 225 Marketing
- COMX 111 Introduction to Public Speaking
- CAPP 158 MS Access
- ECNS 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- PSYX 100 Introduction to Psychology
- BMGT 215 Human Resource Management
- 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- WRIT 122 Introduction to Business Writing
- ACTG 201 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACTG 205 Computerized Accounting
- BMGT 210 Small Business Management
- BMGT 237 Human Relations in Business
- CAPP 156 MS Excel
- STAT 216 Introduction to Statistics
- ACTG 202 Principles of Managerial Accounting
With a degree in Business Management, students can pursue the following careers:
- Sales executive
- Stock clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Human resources specialist
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerk
*Business Management Program still under TEC Approval