Mauritian students who are accepted between September 2017 and January 2019 for this degree, will be offered a Scholarship MUR 100,000 to be distributed each semester MUR 25,000 for the first two years (conditions will apply – please talk to Admissions for details).
- Complete online application
- Submit photo ID
- Submit secondary school results with one of the following:
- 3 Subjects at A-level and 1 subject at subsidiary level at High School Certificate Examination, or
- 2 Subjects at A-level and 2 subjects at subsidiary level at the High School Certificate Examination, or
- 3 Subjects at A-level at the London General Certificate Examination.
- Submit proof of competence in the English language with one of the following:
- TOEFL internet-based (iBT) exam score of 71 or paper-based exam score of 525
- IELTS score of 6.0 overall band score with a minimum of 5.0 on each sub scale
*For English proficiency: Scores that are more than 2 years old are not accepted.
Student can apply by uploading soft copies of documents, but must provide original hard copies of some document upon acceptance into a degree program.
A deposit fee of 10% of your tuition fee should be paid to secure your seat at The American Campus upon confirmation of an offer.
Pay tuition (or first payment from payment plan) and fees prior to the start of the semester.
- Complete online application
- Submit ID
- Submit O level or A level results
- Submit proof of English language competency
- Submit English grade from Secondary school – Minimum O Level Grade C
- Oral test at TAC or TAC’s partner
Applicants who have NOT done their secondary school studies in English are required to submit official results on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. The minimum score accepted is 500 on the paper-based test, 173 on the computer-based test, and 61 on the internet-based test. Other English proficiency test results will be considered.
International students must pay tuition and fees for the first semester prior to travelling to Mauritius.
International students must show proof of funding for one year of tuition and 6 months housing and other expenses at the time of application. This is a total of about $9,000 USD.
International students are requested to meet all the Mauritius student visa requirements. Please contact our support team at email@example.com for further guidance.
- WRIT 101 College Writing I
- PHIL 101 Introduction to Philosophy
- BIOB 101 Discover Biology
- M 121 College Algebra
- CAPP 131 Basic MS Office
- WRIT 201 College Writing II
- PHIL 110 Ethics
- PSYX 100 Introduction to Psychology
- PHSX 105 Fundamentals of Physical Science
- PHSX 106 Fundamentals of Physical Science Lab
- WRIT 202 College Writing III
- PSYX 230 Developmental Psychology
- SOCI 101 Introduction to Sociology
- ENSC 105 Environmental Science
- STAT 216 Introduction to Statistics
- COMX 111 Introduction to Public Speaking
- CRWR 240 Introduction to Creative Writing
- SOCI 201 Social Problems
- ARTH 160 Global Visual Culture: Art Appreciation
- ACTG 101 Accounting Procedures I
With an Associates Degree with an emphasis in Communication, students can pursue the following careers:
- Public Relations
- Electronic Media
*Associate of Arts with a Communications Emphasis still under TEC Approval